Purpose of funding
Schools must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this.
Possible uses for the funding might include:
- Hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with primary teachers when teaching PE
- Supporting and engaging the least active children or children with SEN.
- Developing opportunities for high performing children
- Developing active playtimes
- Paying for professional development opportunities for teachers in PE
- Attending sport competitions or increasing pupils’ participation in sports festivals and tournaments
- Improving the resources available to help deliver PE and school sport