We would encourage parents of children in all year groups from reception to year 6 in receipt of any of the benefits listed below, to complete an application free school meals. This application links to the pupil premium funding for children.
Parents/carers in receipt of the following benefits will be entitled:
- Income-based & Contribution-based JSA or ESA on an equal basis
- Income Support (IS)
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance (IBJSA)
- Income-related employment and support allowance (IRESA)
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income as assessed by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs, that does not exceed £16,190
- Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit
- Where a parent is entitled to Working Tax Credit run-on (the payment someone receives for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
Children who receive a qualifying benefit in their own right are also allowed to receive Free School Meals.
Applying for Free School Meals:
Phone: Parents/Carers can ring the Education Helpline on 0345 155 1019.
How to Apply