Little Tors (pre school) and Pepperdon (reception/yr1) share a generous outside area. We have worked hard to create s little something for everyone to ignite imagination and a love for being outside including a:
- Mud kitchen
- Sandstop- a truck drive-in sandpit
- Racing scooters and bikes complete with a ‘racing track’
- A creative shed for budding artists- full of colouring utensils and materials
- Growing area- where we get our gardener enthusiasts to plant seasonal plants and vegetable
- Pirate ship- for sailing to new lands and finding new treasures and jewels, discovering and challenging sea-monsters on the way!
- Woodland Den- a corner with the tools and materials to make a real secret den
We also have lots of others resources including our paddling pool and climbing frame that comes out during the warm seasons.
Inside of Little Tors. we have a very large, spacious and bright learning environment organised into several ‘learning stations’ that have different activities set up to develop motor skills, children's engagement and prime areas of learning.
There is a role play area that is forever changing, from an igloo to a jungle tent! The role play areas comes complete with a new set of costumes every time. We also have a reading area with cosy fireplace!